Saturday, 13 April 2013

fascination human body

I just came across a drawing from school times, which made me think of one of our study books (Manual Physical Therapy of the Spine by Olsen).
Then I remembered that our teacher told us back then that ancient revolutionary artists studied the objects for a very long time before drawing and painting. I think he took Albrecht Dürer with his work 'Das große Rasenstück' as one example. As I now know the body a little bit better than in those days it is pretty interesting to see my own rough drawings and paintings from those days ...


The human body stays one of the most amazing things I can imagine of. It is a pity to see how many people are not aware of its high value and use it up just like any other object.

To give some fascination about the own body back is one of our missions. It is not only about getting patients back to functionality, to release them from disorders. It is about sensitizing people for the miracle 'body'. This is not a very simple duty and I do not know if this remains a wish or if it is realizable later on. But for me I do know that Asanas (part of yoga) will be a part of my profession for the preventive part. Just because I believe it is one of the best ways to encourage people to take a bit more care and appreciate. I can't wait for it.



No comments:

Post a Comment